…with teenagers. Namely my 16 year old sister who happens to be the demographic (young adult) I am targetting for my first book. Others will follow as time allows. Surprisingly riding OC Transpo and cruising Facebook provides a wealth of information about these mysterious young people. Well, not so mysterious actually. I may be a bit older than 16 and like to pretend I’m wise, but I seem to have retained alot of my inner kid. Thankfully. The Man ain’t gonna get me down.
What surrounds a teen may change as times change, but I believe the structure of the important issues teens face remain the same. However, each generation of young people always has new and specific challenges that they must overcome. No two teens are alike, nor are any two teenage experiences alike.
This won’t be the next vampire and werewolves book.
Tagged with: Teens
- No public Twitter messages.
- Sam on Necessary Punctuation Marks! :)
- Catherine on Necessary Punctuation Marks! :)
- Sam on Blog Tour Review AND GIVEAWAY: The Poisoned Pawn by Peggy Blair
- Xin on Blog Tour Review AND GIVEAWAY: The Poisoned Pawn by Peggy Blair
- Vincent Lam gave me some advice… | Samantha Ball on Fall Pick: The Birth House
TagsAdventure Alley Amazon Book Book Review books Canada Canada Writes Canadian CanLit CBC Children's Books Christian McPherson Contest e-books friday fun Fun! Great Canadian Finds Hedy Czu inspiration jokes love Margaret Atwood Novel Ottawa Ottawa Writer Peggy Blair poetry Poetry Contest reading rejection Rosalind Porter saving short stories Short Story Teens The Cube People The Poisoned Pawn The Sun Has Forgotten Where I Live Twitter Winter Writer Writer's Wall writers Writing Writing Tips