HARDEN THE FUCK UP, CARE BEAR
Any creative person has to be a little bit hard of heart — how can you not be? You can’t go sobbing into a potted plant every time you get a bad review. Just because someone told you “no, I can’t rep this, can’t publish this” doesn’t mean it’s time to head to the bell tower with a .300 Weatherby and start taking out anybody carrying a book or a fucking Barnes & Noble rewards card. Rejections toughen you up. Step to it. Suck it up. Lean into the punch. We all get knocked down. This is your chance to get back up again with your rolled-up manuscript in your hand and start swinging like a ninja.
* I can respect anyone who can put “Care Bear” and “Ninja” in the same paragraph. Thanks for the laughs
Check out the rest of his tips regarding rejection @terribleminds
- No public Twitter messages.
- Sam on Necessary Punctuation Marks! :)
- Catherine on Necessary Punctuation Marks! :)
- Sam on Blog Tour Review AND GIVEAWAY: The Poisoned Pawn by Peggy Blair
- Xin on Blog Tour Review AND GIVEAWAY: The Poisoned Pawn by Peggy Blair
- Vincent Lam gave me some advice… | Samantha Ball on Fall Pick: The Birth House
TagsAdventure Alley Amazon Book Book Review books Canada Canada Writes Canadian CanLit CBC Children's Books Christian McPherson Contest e-books friday fun Fun! Great Canadian Finds Hedy Czu inspiration jokes love Margaret Atwood Novel Ottawa Ottawa Writer Peggy Blair poetry Poetry Contest reading rejection Rosalind Porter saving short stories Short Story Teens The Cube People The Poisoned Pawn The Sun Has Forgotten Where I Live Twitter Winter Writer Writer's Wall writers Writing Writing Tips